Monday, February 17, 2014

Welcome to the World Baby Jaxon

Alan reached over to the bed side cabinet to check the text message that beeped in the middle of the night. I knew immediately it was the news I had been anxiously waiting for. As I thought, it was Frankie my daughter, she had been in labour for just over an hour.  I texted her back straight away, and I told her I would turn my laptop on. I brought it into the bedroom, and we shared a very special few hours just the two of us.

I had booked to go to Brighton on December 17th.  Of course there was a risk I may not arrive in time for the labour.  When Frankie had Kaci four years ago I was present at the birth, and apart from the birth of my own children, that was certainly one of the happiest days of my life.  I desperately hoped I would already be in Brighton, but I realize now, for selfish reasons.  I dreamt of being one of the first to see my first grandson, and I also hoped to take Kaci to see her baby brother.  I imagined opening the door and her running in first, with a huge smile on her face, but it wasn't to be.

I would become very emotional thinking of my little girl having a baby, and me not there to give some sort of support, and I really hoped baby would wait.  It was strange however, when I heard she was in labour, although of course I hoped and prayed everything would be ok, my main thoughts and worries were about my baby...... yes she's 25 but still my baby of course!

Unfortunately I had an appointment at the eye hospital that morning.  Another injection under the eye for me, but that was nothing compared to giving birth. Frankie had gone into hospital about 7am so news was then understandably more sporadic. As we approached the hospital car park the phone rang, it was Frankie's mobile, but it seemed to cut off quickly.  I rang straight back and got the answer machine.... gutted!  I had no idea how things were progressing.    

I sat waiting in the crowded hospital waiting room, my thoughts were only on one person. At last the phone rang.  I grabbed it from Alan and rushed out of the department to try and find a quieter spot.  Baby was born, he needed a little oxygen but he was gorgeous and healthy.  Unfortunately the placenta hadn't been delevered and so poor Frankie, after only have gas and air, now had to under go an epidural in order for the placenta to be removed, after other attempts had failed.  Bless her!  

Jaxon (Jax) Browning had come into the world weighing 7lb 5oz with a shock of dark hair.  I'm delighted to report mummy and baby were out of hospital the following day.

My beautiful daughter and baby grandson

Very proud daddy

Big sister Kaci,who is totally in love

Jackson

2 comments:

Unknown said...

love this xx so happy for you all xjusx

Lorna Penfold said...

Thanks Justine :-) xx